It has been shown that the foods we eat affect glycemia (blood sugar level). A balanced diet, combined with the loss of a few extra kilos, has a positive effect on glycemia and is as important as taking medication (oral antidiabetics and/or insulin) to control Type 2 diabetes.
Table of contents
- Why reexamine your plate?
- Step 1 - I’m cutting back on added sugar
- Step 2 - I’m increasing my ration of dietary fiber
- Step 3 - I eat quality protein
- Step 4 - I curb my consumption of sugar substitutes
- Step 5 - I keep within my prescribed amount of carbohydrates
- Step 6 - I count my carbohydrates
- Alcohol? Exercise?
- Tools to stay motivated!
- Little reminder