The most common synonyms are:
CNS disruptor (stimulant and hallucinogenic effect):
|Mechanism of action|
|Routes of administration|
Effects sought out by the user
- Heightened perceptions (taste, colours, music)
- Sense of well-being
Common toxic effects
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Dilated pupils
- Excessive sweating
- Involuntary movements
- Reduced appetite
- Reduced consciousness
- Sensory impairment (e.g., pins and needles)
- Shortness of breath
- Teeth grinding
- Urinary retention
- Abnormal increase in body temperature
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation (clotting disorder)
- Hyponatremia (low sodium level in blood)
- Metabolic acidosis (accumulation of acid in the blood)
- Muscle toxicity
Tolerance (need to increase the dose to feel the same effect)
Has not been observed.
Symptoms develop within a few hours/days:
- Reduced appetite
- Depressed mood
- Lethargy (abnormal state of drowsiness)
- Severe dry mouth
- Muscle spasms
|Route of administration||Onset of action||Peak||Duration of action|
|Oral: BZP only||About 6 minutes to 2 hours||75 minutes||Effects can last up to 12 hours and sometimes more|
|Oral: TFMPP only||About 25 minutes||90 minutes||Not available|
- No antidote available.
- Treatment is mainly symptomatic. Activated charcoal may be administered if the drug was recently ingested (within less than one hour), and only if taken orally.
Many different street drugs are sold under the same name. Furthermore, nothing guarantees the quantity, purity or even the content of a street drug in spite of the fact that it may, in some cases, look like medication.
If you need help or want to learn more:
The drugs and pharmaceutical services featured on the familiprix.com website are offered by pharmacists who own the affiliated pharmacies at Familiprix. The information contained on the familiprix.com site is for informational purposes only and does not in any way replace the advice and advice of your pharmacist or any other health professional. Always consult a health professional before taking or discontinuing medication or making any other decision. Familiprix inc. and the proprietary pharmacists affiliated with Familiprix do not engage in any way by making this information available on this website.