(lysergic acid diethylamide)
|Synonyms|| The most common synonyms are: |
|Classification|| Hallucinogen: |
|Visual description|| White, odourless and bitter crystalline powder. It is available in a variety of forms: |
|Mechanism of action|
|Routes of administration|
Effects sought out by the user
- Euphoria and feeling of dissociation
- Feeling of joyfulness
- Pseudohallucinations: it does not cause hallucinations per se but creates illusions by altering the senses (all five senses)
- Synesthesia (crossing of 2 or more senses) and spiritual journeys
Common toxic effects
- Impaired judgement
- Deep anguish
- Concentration problems
- Reduced coordination
- Reduced appetite
- Mydriasis (dilation of the pupils)
- Unpleasant and terrifying feelings (bad trip)
- Tachycardia (rapid heart rate)
- Hypertensive crisis
- Psychotic break
- Abnormal increase in body temperature
Effects associated with chronic use
- Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder: users experience a spontaneous and unpredictable recurrence of pseudohallucinations experienced while on LSD
- Loss of motivation
Tolerance (need to increase the dose to feel the same effect)
Develops quickly, especially if taken over several consecutive days.
Psychological dependence is possible.
|Route of administration||Onset of action||Peak||Duration of action|
|Sublingual||30 to 40 minutes||2 to 4 hours||10 to 12 hours|
- No antidote available.
- Treatment is mainly symptomatic.
Many different street drugs are sold under the same name. Furthermore, nothing guarantees the quantity, purity or even the content of a street drug in spite of the fact that it may, in some cases, look like medication.
If you need help or want to learn more:
The drugs and pharmaceutical services featured on the familiprix.com website are offered by pharmacists who own the affiliated pharmacies at Familiprix. The information contained on the familiprix.com site is for informational purposes only and does not in any way replace the advice and advice of your pharmacist or any other health professional. Always consult a health professional before taking or discontinuing medication or making any other decision. Familiprix inc. and the proprietary pharmacists affiliated with Familiprix do not engage in any way by making this information available on this website.