When should you take your blood pressure?
- Check your blood pressure regularly, as directed by your doctor.
- In the week leading up to your appointment with your doctor, and whenever changes are made to your medication, take 2 readings, twice a day.
- In the morning, take your blood pressure before breakfast and before taking your medication.
- At night, take your pressure before taking your medication and before bathing.
- Wait 2 hours after a big meal.
- Do not smoke or drink caffeine for 60 minutes before taking your blood pressure.
- Do not exercice for 30 minutes before taking your blood pressure.
- Rest and relax for at least 5 minutes.
- Empty your bladder.
- Make sure that you have the right size cuff. There are different types of cuffs for children and overweight individuals.
|Taking your blood pressure:|
Don't forget to have your monitor calibrated by your pharmacist once a year to make sure that it is in proper working order.
The drugs and pharmaceutical services featured on the familiprix.com website are offered by pharmacists who own the affiliated pharmacies at Familiprix. The information contained on the familiprix.com site is for informational purposes only and does not in any way replace the advice and advice of your pharmacist or any other health professional. Always consult a health professional before taking or discontinuing medication or making any other decision. Familiprix inc. and the proprietary pharmacists affiliated with Familiprix do not engage in any way by making this information available on this website.