It seems like winter starts feeling too long the moment it begins. Then come the ads, regaling us with images of warm sunshine and sandy beaches… it’s hard to resist! No wonder so many Quebecers have gotten in the habit of taking a southern getaway to tide them over until springtime.
You’ll need to plan ahead. Sure, there’s the hotel, flight, activities, and packing list. But don’t forget about your and your family’s health before, during, and after the trip. Here’s a list of things to think about before hitting the beach:
- Make sure to take out adequate travel insurance, and keep your policy details handy just in case.
- Check the list of recommended vaccinations for the country you’ll be visiting, and get all the right shots.
- Find out about any diseases in the area, and take all necessary precautions.
- Get informed about foods to be avoided and drinking water quality.
- Pack a first aid kit with everything you need and remedies for problems that commonly affect travellers.
- If you take medication, bring enough to last you through any unforeseen circumstances, and learn about the laws and regulations for crossing borders with medication.
Taking these simple precautions could save you major headaches. Talk it over with your health professional. Bon voyage!