Ended on: June 21st 2023
There are a total of two prizes available to be won (Velec electric bicycle model A2 with an approximate value of $2199/winner).
To enter the contest, simply purchase a Cascades brand product at one of the participating Familiprix stores and present your Familiplus® membership card at checkout. Your entry will then be automatically registered.
One entry per Familiplus® member for each participating Cascades product purchased.
Natacha Desbiens Lavoie
1. The "This summer, ride softly!" contest is held by Cascades Tissue Group, a division of Cascades Canada ULC (the "Contest Organizer" or "Cascades"). It will be held in participating Familiprix stores in Quebec and New Brunswick from June 1 to June 21, 2023, during business hours (the "Contest Period").
2. Eligibility. This contest is open to any person residing in the province of Quebec and New Brunswick who has reached the age of majority where he/she resides at the time of his/her participation in the contest. Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Organizer, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or related to the Contest Organizer, their advertising and promotional agencies, Familiprix Inc. and participating Familiprix stores, suppliers of materials and services related to this contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouses and all persons with whom these employees, representatives and agents reside, are excluded. An email account is required to enter the contest.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
No purchase required
3.1 To enter the contest, simply purchase a Cascades brand product at one of the 350 participating Familiprix stores and present your Familiplus® membership card at checkout. Your entry will then be automatically registered.
3.2 For a no purchase entry, simply write a fifty (50) word original handwritten essay explaining why you would like to win a prize, including your name, address, postal code, day and evening telephone numbers, and e-mail address, and mail it in an envelope with sufficient postage to This summer, ride smoothly, 85 St-Paul W. Montreal, QC, H2Y 3V4. To be valid, the postage stamp on your envelope must be dated within the contest period as defined above.
4. Limits. Participants must respect the following limits, failing which they may be disqualified:
4.1 One (1) entry per Familiplus® member for each participating Cascades product purchased;
4.2 One handwritten letter per envelope with postage due per day in the case of a no purchase entry.
5. Prizes. There are a total of two (2) prizes available to be won (the "Prizes") with a total approximate value of $4,398 CDN. Each Prize has an approximate value of $2199 CAD and includes:
5.1 One (1) Velec electric bicycle model A2 with an approximate value of $2199.
6. Conditions et restrictions
6.1 The Contest Organizer will not be responsible for any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses that may arise from any accident, injury or death, or any other damage that may occur in connection with participation in the Contest and/or use of the Prize.
7. Drawing of Prizes. On June 29, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. (ET), two (2) entries will be randomly selected from all the entries duly received. The draw will take place at the Familiprix head office, located at 6 000 Armand-Viau Street, Quebec City, Quebec, G2C 2C5, Canada.
8. Chances of winning. The odds of an entrant being selected depend on the number of entries received during the Contest Period.
9. Awarding of prizes. In order to be declared a winner, any selected entrant must:
9.2 Complete and sign the Declaration and Release Form (the "Declaration Form"), to the effect that he/she has complied with all of the conditions set out in these Contest Rules and correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question included on the Declaration Form. The Declaration Form will be emailed to the selected entrant by the Contest Organizer or its advertising agency and the selected entrant must return the Declaration Form in the prescribed manner so that it is received within three (3) business days of its receipt;
9.3 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide photo identification.
10. Failure to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these rules or to accept the Prize will result in disqualification of the selected entrant. In such event, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Prize or make a new selection in accordance with these rules until such time as an entrant selected for the Prize is declared a winner.
11. Within ten (10) business days of receiving the completed and signed Declaration Form, the Contest Organizer's advertising agency will contact the winner to inform him/her of the method and details of taking possession of his/her Prize.
12. Verification. Entries and Declarations are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry or Declaration that is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, or received or submitted late, or that contains an invalid email address or is otherwise noncompliant, may be rejected and will not entitle the entrant to an entry or to a Prize, as the case may be.
13. Disqualification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or to cancel one or more entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this contest using methods that do not comply with these Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries sent after the deadline). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
14. Conduct of the contest. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal laws. In the event of such an attempt, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. Acceptance of Prize. The Prize must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not be transferred, in whole or in part, to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except at the discretion of the Contest Organizer.
16. Prize warranty and Prize suppliers. The entrant selected for the Prize acknowledges that, once the Prize is received, all related obligations become the responsibility of the suppliers of the services and products constituting the Prize.
17. Limitation of liability: Use of the Prize. By entering this contest, the entrant selected for the Prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizer, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with the Contest Organizer, their advertising and promotion agencies, the participating stores, and their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage, loss, claims, expenses, costs and any liability that the entrant may incur or suffer as a result of my participation or attempted participation in the Contest and acceptance or use of the prize without limiting the generality of the foregoing including but not limited to any allergies that he/she may suffer as a result of the acceptance or use of his/her Prize.
18. Limitation of liability: Conduct of the contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any person from entering the contest: malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line, the loss or absence of a communication network, or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties further disclaim all liability for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Web page or software, or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the contest.
19. Contest modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this contest should human intervention or an event take place that could interfere or affect the proper administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided by these Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
20. Termination of participation in the contest. In the event that the computer system is unable to register all the contest entries during the Contest Period for any reason whatsoever, or if contest participation must be terminated in whole or in part before the date indicated in these Rules, the Prize may be awarded according to terms and conditions to be determined by the Contest Organizer, at its sole discretion.
21.Prize limit. Under no circumstances shall the Contest Organizer be required to award more Prizes than indicated in these Rules or to award a Prize in a manner other than that stipulated herein.
22. Limitation of liability: Participation in the contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this contest release the Released Parties from any liability or damage they may incur as a result of their participation or attempt to participate in the contest.
23. Authorization. By entering this contest, the entrant selected for the Prize authorizes the Contest Organizer, the participating stores, and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, province and city of residence, photo, likeness, voice and/or statement regarding the Prize, for publicity purposes, without compensation.
24. Communication with entrants. The Contest Organizer may send communications or correspondence to the entrants in relation to this contest. Furthermore, by entering the contest, each of the entrants must confirm that they agree to receive commercial electronic communications from Cascades. The entrants can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe mechanism included in each electronic message without affecting the validity of their contest entry.
25. Personal information. The personal information collected about the contest entrants will be used solely to administer the contest and to send commercial communications and correspondence from the Contest Organizer, except as provided in the preceding paragraph.
26. Property. The Declarations are the property of the Contest Organizer and shall not under any circumstances be returned to entrants.
27. Decision by the Contest Organizer. Subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, in connection with any matter under its jurisdiction, any decision by the Contest Organizer or its representatives pertaining to this contest is final and without appeal.
28. Disputes. For residents of Québec, any dispute respecting the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
29. Unenforceability. If a paragraph of these Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that paragraph shall be considered invalid, but all other unaffected paragraphs shall be applied within the limits of the law.
30. Facebook platform. This contest is not associated with, managed or sponsored by Facebook. Any questions, complaints or comments related to the contest must be submitted to the Contest Organizer, not Facebook. Facebook and its subsidiaries, directors, executives, agents and employees shall not be held liable for any claims resulting from or related to the organization of this contest. However, by entering this contest, every entrant consents to the terms and conditions of use, agreements and other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook platform, and releases the Contest Organizer, any company, trust or other legal entity controlled by or related to the foregoing, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, their respective employees, agents or representatives from any liability or damage that said entrant may incur through the use of this platform.
31. Instagram platform. This contest is not associated with, managed or sponsored by Instagram. Any questions, complaints or comments related to the contest must be submitted to the Contest Organizer, not Instagram. Instagram and its subsidiaries, directors, executives, agents and employees shall not be held liable for any claims resulting from or related to the organization of the contest. However, by entering this contest, every entrant consents to the terms and conditions of use, agreements and other policies and/or guidelines governing the Instagram platform, and releases the Contest Organizer, any company, trust or other legal entity controlled by or related to the foregoing, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, their respective employees, agents or representatives from any liability or damage that said entrant may incur through the use of this platform.
32. Language. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and the English versions of these Rules, the French version shall prevail.