Ended on: July 10th 2019
To enter : when making a eligible purchase of Cascades product, present your Familiplus card at checkout and you enter the contest automatically. Get 1 chance for every product you buy!
Draws on July 18,2019.
1. The “Ready-to-camp” contest is held by Cascades Tissu Group, a division of Cascades Canada ULC (the “Contest Organizer” or “Cascades”). The contest will take place in participating Familiprix stores in Québec and New Brunswick from June 13, 2019, at 12:01 a.m. (ET) to July 10, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility. This contest is open to residents of Québec and New Brunswick, who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizer, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with the Contest Organizer, their advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to this contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, mother, father), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom these employees, representatives and agents are domiciled, are not eligible to participate in the contest. An email account is required to participate in the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
3. Registration. 3.1 To enter the contest, you must purchase a Cascades brand product at one of the 344 participating Familiprix stores, have a Familiplus® member card, and present this card when you purchase the Cascades brand product. You will be automatically entered in the contest.
3.2 For an entry without purchase, you must provide your first and last names, address, postal code, telephone numbers (daytime and evening), and an original text (not photocopied) of at least 50 words explaining why you should win this contest.
4. Participation limits. Entrants must respect the following limits. Failure to do so may result in disqualification: 4.1 One (1) entry per Familiplus® member per eligible Cascades product purchased.
4.2 For entries without purchase, one (1) entry per handwritten letter sent per person, per day.
5. Prize. There are ten (10) prizes to be won (the “Prizes”), with a total value of C$5,000, each consisting of the following:
5.1. One (1) traditional ready-to-camp getaway of two (2) nights at a Sépaq destination, a value of C$280, in the form of a gift certificate. Not redeemable for cash.
5.2. One (1) C$100 gas gift card to cover part or all of the cost to travel to the ready-to-camp destination.
5.3. One (1) C$120 Familiprix gift card.
6. Conditions and restrictions 6.1. Prize conditions: 6.1.1 Arrangements for the ready-to-camp getaway, including the date on which it will take place, must be made by the winner, based on availability at the time of booking. However, the Contest Organizer’s advertising agency is entitled to recommend which type of ready-to-camp getaway the winner should choose.
6.1.2 The Contest Organizer shall not be held liable if, due to weather conditions, event cancellations or other causes beyond its control, the ready-to-camp getaway cannot take place on the date chosen by the winner. In such a case, the winner shall not be entitled to a replacement prize, nor to a cash equivalent.
6.1.3 The Prizes are subject to all other applicable restrictions and conditions that may be conveyed to the winner by the Contest Organizer’s advertising agency or by Sépaq.
6.1.4 The Contest Organizer shall not be held liable for claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses that may arise from any accident, injury or death, or for any other damage that might arise as a result of this contest, for which the responsibility does not lie with the Contest Organizer.
6.1.5 If any portion of the Prizes is not used, no compensation will be granted.
6.2 Conditions governing the gift certificates and gift cards
6.2.1 The Contest Organizer shall not be held liable in the event of the loss, theft or unauthorized use of the gift certificates and gift cards.
6.2.2 The Prizes are subject to all other restrictions and conditions that apply to the gift certificates and gift cards that are issued to the winner.
7. Draw. On July 18, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. (ET), ten (10) entries will be randomly selected from all the entries received when entrants used their Familiprix card during the Contest Period. The draw will take place at the Familiprix head office at 6000 Armand-Viau Street, Québec City, Québec, G2C 2C5, Canada.
8. Odds of winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Prize claim. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must: 9.1 Be reached by email within five (5) days of the draw and respond to the message within five (5) days of receiving it in order to provide their contact information (name, full mailing address, email address and telephone number). If the prize email notification is returned undeliverable, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, disqualify the selected entrant.
9.2 Complete and sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration”) confirming compliance with these Rules and correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question on the declaration form. The selected entrant will receive the Declaration from the Contest Organizer via email and must return it in the prescribed manner so that the Contest Organizer receives the completed Declaration within three (3) business days of its receipt by the selected entrant.
9.3 On request and in a timely fashion, produce one piece of photo identification.
10. Failure to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these Rules or to accept the Prize will result in the selected entrant being disqualified. In such a case, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Prize or proceed with a new draw in accordance with these Rules until a selected entrant is declared a winner.
11. Within ten (10) business days of receipt of the duly completed and signed declaration, the Contest Organizer’s advertising agency will contact and inform the winners of the details and method by which the Prizes can be claimed.
12. Verification. Entries and Declarations are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. Any entry or Declaration that is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, received or submitted late or contains an invalid email address or is otherwise noncompliant, shall be rejected and will not entitle the entrant to an entry or to a Prize, as the case may be.
13. Disqualification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or to cancel one or more entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this contest using methods that do not comply with these Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries sent after the deadline). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
14. Conduct of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the contest Facebook page and/or any related website or site, or to undermine the legitimate conduct of the contest is a violation of civil and criminal laws. In the event of such an attempt, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. Acceptance of Prizes. Each Prize must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not be transferred, in whole or in part, to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the following paragraph.
16. Prize substitution. Should it be impossible, difficult and/or more expensive for the Contest Organizer to award a Prize (or any portion thereof) as described in these Rules, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to award a Prize (or any portion thereof) of a similar nature and equal value, or, at its sole discretion, the value of a Prize (or any portion thereof) indicated in these Rules, in cash.
17. Prize warranty and prize suppliers. Any entrant selected for the Prizes acknowledges that the only warranty applicable to the Prizes is the standard manufacturer’s warranty, if applicable, and that once the Prizes are received, all related obligations shall become the responsibility of the suppliers of the products and services constituting the prize.
18. Limitation of liability: Use of the Prizes. By entering this contest, any entrant selected for the Prizes releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizer, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with the Contest Organizer, their advertising and promotion agencies, their employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage that may arise out of acceptance or use of the Prizes.
19. Website. The contest Organizer does not warrant that access to or use of the Contest Website or any related site will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
20. Limitation of liability: Conduct of the contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any person from entering the contest: malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line, the loss or absence of a communication network, or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties further disclaim all liability for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Web page or software, or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the contest.
21. Contest modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this contest should human intervention or an event take place that could interfere or affect the proper administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as provided by these Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
22. Termination of participation in the contest. In the event that the computer system is unable to register all the contest entries during the Contest Period for any reason whatsoever, or if contest participation must be terminated in whole or in part before the date indicated in these Rules, the Prizes may be awarded according to terms and conditions to be determined by the Contest Organizer, at its sole discretion.
23. Prize limit. Under no circumstances shall the Contest Organizer be required to award more Prizes than indicated in these Rules or to award a Prize in a manner other than that stipulated herein.
24. Limitation of liability: Participation in the contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this contest release the Released Parties from any liability or damage they may incur as a result of their participation or attempt to participate in the contest.
25. Authorization. By entering this contest, the entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, his/her name, province and city of residence, photo, likeness, voice and/or statement regarding the Prize, for publicity purposes, without compensation.
26. Communication with entrants. The Contest Organizer may send communications or correspondence to the entrants in relation to this contest. Furthermore, by entering the contest, each entrant must confirm that they agree to receive commercial electronic communications from Cascades. The entrant can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe mechanism included in each electronic message without affecting the validity of their contest entry.
27. Personal information. The personal information collected about the contest entrants will be used solely to administer the contest and to send commercial communications and correspondence from the Contest Organizer, except as provided in the preceding paragraph.
28. Property. The Declarations are the property of the Contest Organizer and shall not under any circumstances be returned to entrants.
29. Decision by the Contest Organizer. Subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, in connection with any matter under its jurisdiction, any decision by the Contest Organizer or its representatives pertaining to this contest is final and without appeal.
30. Disputes. For entrants who are residents of Québec, any dispute respecting the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
31. Unenforceability. If a section of these Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
32. Facebook platform. This contest is not associated with, managed or sponsored by Facebook. Any questions, complaints or comments related to the contest must be submitted to the Contest Organizer, not Facebook. Facebook and its subsidiaries, directors, executives, agents and employees will not be held liable for any claims resulting from or related to the organization of the contest. However, by entering this contest, every entrant consents to the terms and conditions of use, agreements and other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook platform, and releases the Contest Organizer, any company, trust or other legal entity controlled by or related to the foregoing, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, their respective employees, agents or representatives from any liability or damage that said entrant may incur through the use of this platform.
33. Langue. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and the English versions of these Rules, the French version shall prevail.