Major therapeutic interest
- Improving moderate congestive heart failure;
- Improving arrhythmias;
- Reducing palpitations;
- Strengthening the heart and circulatory system;
- Preventing angina pectoris.
Other therapeutic interest / Traditional Use
- Reducing anxiety;
- Decreasing nervousness;
- Improving minor sleep disorders;
- Reducing memory loss by stimulating blood flow to the brain;
- Reducing chronic inflammation such as arthritis and gout;
- Preventing atherosclerosis;
- Normalizing blood pressure: hypo- and/or hypertension.
- Pregnancy and/or breastfeeding: Safety has not yet been established.
- Self-medication can have serious consequences. All cardiovascular disorders require the treatment and supervision of a specialist, which cannot be replaced by or supplemented with natural products.
Known human interactions
- Increases the effect of Lanoxin.
- May heighten the effects of antiarrhythmics, antihypertensives, antianginal drugs (medications from the group of calcium channel blockers): Adalat, Isoptin, Cardizem, Norvasc, Tiazac, etc.;
- May increase the coronary vasodilator effect of antianginal drugs: Nitrostat, Nitro-Dur, Nitrolingual pump, Imdur, etc.;
- May heighten the sedative effect of medications used on the central nervous system: Ativan, Lectopam, Oxazepam, Valium, Xanax, barbiturates, etc.;
- May decrease the absorption of iron supplements.
- Flavonoids (vitexin-rhamnoside: main flavonoid), procyanidins, amines (ethylamine, ethanolamine, choline, acetylcholine, etc.), purines (adenosine, adenine, guanine).
Crataegus monogyna, Crataegus