Major therapeutic interest
- Preventing precancerous oral lesions (leukoplakia).
Other therapeutic interest / Traditional Use
- Boosting the immune system;
- Treating hyperlipidemia (excessive blood lipid levels);
- Used as a fortifier, tonic, and conditioner;
- Source of protein for vegetarians;
- Source of minerals, trace elements, and beta-carotene;
- Treating anemia;
- Treating asthenia (exhaustion or fatigue not remedied by rest);
- Used as a dietary supplement in weight-loss regimes;
- Used in cases of fatigue, overwork, depression, and convalescence;
- Improving appetite;
- Aiding digestion and promoting intestinal health.
- Pregnancy and/or breastfeeding: Safety has not yet been established;
- People with phenylketonuria (genetic metabolism disorder).
- May reduce the effect of various categories of immunosuppressive drugs (Imuran, Neoral, Sandimmune, Prograf, Rapamun, etc.) and corticosteroids (Prednisone).
- Protein, amino acids, B vitamins, beta-carotene, minerals and trace elements, phycocyanine, chlorophyll, essential fatty acids in the omega-6 family (gamma linolenic acid [GLA]).
Spirulina maxima, Spirulina platensis, Blue-green algae, Rainbow algae, Cyanobacteria, Blue-green microalgae, Hawaiian Spirulina