Many of you may be experiencing working from home for the very first time. Here are some tips and habits to help you stay focused, be productive and actually enjoy teleworking.
- First, clarify tasks, deadlines and expectations with your supervisor and/or team. Determine if daily or weekly meetings (by phone or virtually) are useful to maintain workflows, facilitate communications and improve motivation.
- Create an appropriate work environment. Make sure you have a table or desk, a comfortable chair, and all the tools you need. An ergonomic work space is key. Ideally you should work in a room that is apart from your normal living space. Decorate your work environment with plants or pictures—or anything that inspires you. Adjust the room’s lighting and temperature so that you remain productive.
- If possible, try to respect a work schedule and routine. Make a list of tasks you want to accomplish during the day in order to visualize your progress on various projects.
- Take the time to eat in your kitchen or dining room without a computer. If you have time, go outside during lunchtime or simply change rooms when you take a break.
- For security and confidentiality reasons, make sure you log off of all work applications at the end of the day. Also, check if your computer and devices are secure by agreeing to updates and keeping your antivirus software at the latest version.
There are many advantages to working from home. Learn to appreciate them!
- You will most likely be less distracted by colleagues.
- You will benefit from a more flexible work schedule based on your needs.
- You will not waste time heading to work and being stuck in traffic.
- You will probably notice an increase in productivity, which will improve your satisfaction at work.
The drugs and pharmaceutical services featured on the familiprix.com website are offered by pharmacists who own the affiliated pharmacies at Familiprix. The information contained on the familiprix.com site is for informational purposes only and does not in any way replace the advice and advice of your pharmacist or any other health professional. Always consult a health professional before taking or discontinuing medication or making any other decision. Familiprix inc. and the proprietary pharmacists affiliated with Familiprix do not engage in any way by making this information available on this website.